I'm going to cut to the chase here, as the things I want to say will just distract people from the point of this
This is a live disk from linux-gamers.net
. What you do is download a disk image from them, burn it to a DVD, insert that DVD into your computer, restart, and you can play 16 or so 3D open source games, FREE.
- "Live disk" means that you just put the disk in your computer (needs to be a machine that will run Windows or Linux), and your computer boots off the disk and runs.
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL ANYTHING. YOU DO NOT USE YOUR HARD DRIVE. NOTHING CHANGES ON YOUR COMPUTER.
- You DO need to burn the DVD, and you DO need to tell your machine to boot from a DVD. Neither is difficult to do.
- Here are the hardware requirements, taken directly from the developer page:
"Hardware requirements Your PC must at least meet these requirements:
* intel x86 architecture
* 512 MB ram
* videocard with 3d acceleration
The games on the DVD have different hardware requirements, have a look on their project page. But all of them are running fine on a testsystem with this hardware configuration: AMD 1800+, 512MB ram, ATI Radeon 8500 (comparable to nvidia gf3)"
I have not done this, as I do not have a gaming machine right now. If you do, and you want to, you should.
Spam sez "video Kick-up for bill